Why?

I'd like to share my experiences of living and loving my boyfriend who has been diagnosed with Bipolar. Hopefully I can help others in similar situations by expressing the ways I've dealt with both the good and bad times. I would like this blog to be a platform where we can help each other out by sharing our experiences. In turn, it'll help spread awareness to help break the stigma of Bipolar and other mental illnesses.

1.31.2010

Feelings--Fact or Fiction?

Have you ever thought with your feelings? Making decisions or speaking because of the way you felt at that moment? I know I have and still do! As a part of my personal growth journey I have realized by doing this I may be thinking with irrational thoughts.

During my personal history inventory, I came across many times when I've reacted (and often times made the situations worse) by thinking something along the lines of "I feel this way so it must be so!" I never used to question my negative feelings, I just believed them. Feelings are often based on powerful memories from our past and they aren't always telling us the truth.

Daily I try to remind myself this. I'm consistently becoming more aware of my negative feelings. Instead of accepting them from the start, I challenge them. Is there any evidence for the feeling or is it just based on things/events from my past? If there's no evidence let go of it! The only thing it's going to do is turn into a negative loop of thinking (mind virus). By doing this, I'm getting closer to achieving my inner peace....which is my ultimate goal in life.....Mar


No comments:

Post a Comment